Thank you for your interest in submitting artwork for Artsida8 and for supporting ACCM’s mission!
The art submission process is in two steps :
- Complete submission form on this website;
- Email a high-resolution 300 dpi colour image of your artwork to email@example.com. Please put “SUBMISSION” plus your full name and artwork title in the email subject.
Submission deadline: January 7th 2018, at 11:59pm.
Artsida accepts visual art submissions of all formats and sizes from local, Canadian, and international artists.
Each artist is allowed to submit a maximum of two pieces for consideration. If you are submitting two pieces, submit each piece separately using this on-line form.
Artsida strongly encourages LGBTQ artists, trans and non-binary artists, artists of color, indigenous artists, and artists living with HIV or hepatitis C to submit artworks.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking submissions for two separate categories (to be determined upon selection) :
- Live auction works, valued at $400 and more. Limited to 50 pieces.
- Fixed price works, valued at $350 and less, which prioritize emergent Montreal artists. Fixed price works will be sold at the vernissage. Limited to 10 pieces.
What Selected Artists Receive:
All artists who donate works to Artsida8 will receive a ticket to the event and recognition in our catalogue. Tax receipts for the full value of the work will be given to any artists who donate the total proceeds of their work to ACCM.
In addition, this year we are giving out two artist prizes:
- Emerging Artist Award (prize amount to be determined)
- People’s Choice Award (prize amout to be determined)
Pieces submitted for the auction must remain available for Artsida until the artist is informed of the Curatorial Committee’s decision in mid January 2018. If the piece is no longer available, the artist may submit a substitute piece but the Committee is not obligated to accept it.
The Curatorial Committee will set the estimated market value of submitted artwork, taking into consideration the proof of estimated value provided by the artist upon selection.
The artist agrees to donate their artwork to Artsida, even if the piece is not sold at or above the reserve bid price. ACCM reserves the right to try to sell the piece by other means after the main event, all the while respecting the conditions of sale as established by the artist.
Upon selection, the artist agrees to provide the following documentation before January 19, 2018 to Artsida:
- Artist Contract;
- Proof of the estimated market value;
- Download Certificate of authenticity.
The artist may choose to email all 3 required documents during the submissions process, along with the image of the artwork.
We will accept the following two types of proof of estimated market value:
- A copy of an invoice or receipt of sale, preferably recent, of a similar piece of art (of similar medium and format);
- If the artist is represented by a gallery, a copy of the gallery’s official price list for the artist’s works.
The artist assumes the responsibility to deliver the artwork to Artsida before January 25, 2018.
Out-of-town artists must organize and cover the cost of shipping the artwork to Artsida.